Tapestry, a growing congregation of approximately 155 members, located in Lake Forest, CA, has a position available for a part-time Director of Religious Education for Children and Youth. Ideal candidates will have a liberal religious outlook and support instruction in all major world religions. We are looking for someone who can establish healthy, fun, mentoring relationships with children, preschool - 18 years, in a vibrant spiritual community. The tasks include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with volunteer committee, minister, parents and youth to create and implement a program of education and faith formation for forty children and youth.
- Lead religious education classes for children of multiple ages.
- Set up and maintain classrooms and manage supplies.
- Coordinate with volunteer leaders to involve children in congregational events beyond Sunday morning.
- Recruit, support and train volunteer teachers from the congregation.
- Administrative tasks including taking attendance, providing email updates to parents and the Board of Trustees, and tracking the program’s budget.
- Engage, as possible, with wider denominational activities regarding religious education for children and youth.
The position requires 15 hours per week including most Sunday mornings. Outside of Sunday mornings, this position offers very flexible hours and the ability to do some work from home. Please email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.