With its historical roots in the Jewish and Christian traditions, Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion that keeps an open mind to the religious questions people have struggled with through the ages. We believe personal experience, conscience and reason should be the final authorities in religion, and that in the end, religious authority lies not in a book or person or institution, but in ourselves.
Tapestry, A Unitarian Universalist Congregation is a religious community where individuals are encouraged and supported in developing a meaningful, individual spiritual path while sharing their journey with others doing the same. There are many reasons why people seek out a religious home. So whether…
- you are coming from a place of deep personal longing;
- you are facing some transition or crisis;
- you are looking for a place in which you can find a peaceful community to refresh yourself;
- you are seeking a place for a new and meaningful family tradition;
- you are looking for a religious community that acts locally and thinks globally on the great issues of our time—world peace; women’s rights; racial justice; homelessness; gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender rights; and protection of the environment;
… then we warmly welcome you here.
Our Sunday service from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. is a great way to experience our community. Children are welcome to join the beginning of the service. Following our Story Time for All Ages children over 4 years of age are invited to join age-appropriate Religious Exploration classes. We also offer childcare for children under 4 years of age in our nursery room which is open 10:15-11:45 a.m.
Join us for Fellowship and Refreshments after the service, and enjoy a spirit of community with other members and visitors.
Be sure to stop by the Welcome Table to complete a visitor information form and pick up our Visitor brochures; information about classes, interest groups, and social activities; and complete a visitor information form. Or you may complete it online at (link to Visitor Information page).
We encourage membership in our congregation, but we don’t want to rush you. Take your time to get to know us and become comfortable at Tapestry. When you are ready, check out our Membership page for more information about membership or you may email our membership chair).